More About ASPIRE55 Membership:
Strength Training Workout Sessions:
About ASPIRE55:1. Tell us more about ASPIRE55
ASPIRE55 - Asia’s first virtual retirement village, is a wellbeing community that offers a combination of social, health and care services that are typically available at a real retirement village, but enables members to continue living in their existing homes. Designed by a team of young and energetic facilitators, our programmes are focused on fun, health and fostering of the ‘kampong’ spirit. This membership programme is tailored for over 55s who would like to take a proactive approach towards staying healthy, mobile and independent as they age. Members will participate in preventive health activities like strength training for falls and incontinence prevention, brain training to reduce risks of dementia and regular social activities.
ASPIRE55 vision focuses on “Wellbeing for Older Adults” - where we aim to build Singapore’s healthiest and happiest community. All our Gold members are monitored on their fitness progression on a quarterly basis via the latest in global technologies and global benchmarks. Each Gold member receives a fitness assessment report every quarter.
We are focused on older people aged over 50, yet create an environment where the interactions are an intergenerational mix of young and old. As the first in Singapore and Asia, we pride ourselves on a family and home environment where we encourage older people to look after their health, increase strength, improve balance and memory via our programmes. We suit people looking for a small club like environment that is unlike traditional large scale clubs and gyms. While our membership base is big, our typical member activities range from as small as 5 to 60, making it easy for members to get to know each other with meaningful interactions.
Anyone above 50 years old who lives in Singapore.
Most of our members are English speaking, with a recent increase in Mandarin speaking members. As such, we do have capabilities to create bilingual programmes and some of our trainers can conduct sessions in both languages. They are typically aged 50 – 70 years old, well travelled, fun loving and independent. Most importantly, our members share a common desire to age in good health and maintain their independence.
Many of our members have never exercised in a gym before. They find conventional gyms large and intimidating. We focus on small, homely and family interactions with our staff becoming the second family to members. We help to motivate members, encourage them during the programmes and help them with strength, balance and memory activities that will help them age more successfully. We encourage you to bring them for a visit to our Clubhouses at One Commonwealth or 51 Waterloo Street. Drop by for our regular open houses for a coffee and chit chat.
You can complete the online form in our website here and select the preferred membership tier.
More about ASPIRE55 Membership:1. What is the difference between the membership tiers?
- Silver Membership has a one-time fee of S$50 for all Singapore citizens and residents above 50 years old who are very active within their communities and may not have the time to participate in our strength training sessions on a regular basis or regular the concierge services. These members are not frequent registrants for our activities, hence may not see the need to have higher discounts on the various activities. Being a Silver Member, will enable you to sign up for our Introduction Programme on Strength Training.
- Gold Membership cost $2,200 (One Commonwealth) or $3,000 (51 Waterloo Street) per annum for Singapore citizens and residents above 50 years old, who is keen to have full access to the virtual retirement village services, including regular strength training sessions and physical assessments, to enable them to age healthily and in-place.
To understand more about our membership programme, please contact Cayden (+65 8138 2387) or Yiing Ching at (+65 8168 3981) for a chat or drop in to our clubhouses at One Commonwealth and 51 Waterloo Street.
Our Gold membership is designed for individuals who are keen to have full access of a virtual retirement village services - health, household and recreational services.
3. Can the opening hours be extended to the evenings or 7 days a week instead of the current 6 days week between 9.30am - 6pm?
- Healthy ageing through strength training sessions (annual membership - 12 months)
- Access to brain gym activities at discounted prices
- Recreational activities specially designed for members, e.g. health talks and high tea, picnics, travels & holidays at reasonable prices
- Priority booking/ access to our events or our partners' events
- Concierge services to support household related services, .e.g transportation services, food delivery, home care, etc, payable directly to the service providers
Yes, there is a possibility to extend the opening hours. In regards to workout sessions at Clubhouse, this is dependent on the demand, where if we have 5 or more members requesting for a certain slot / period of opening hours, e.g. once a week to extend to 9pm or to open on Sunday afternoons.
Yes, our usual blackout period is last 2 weeks of the year for the Christmas and New Year festive season. We would usually organise a Christmas party as the last event of the year. As our staff has been working throughout the year, we would like to give them a break to catch up on other administrative matters and some time to celebrate the Christmas and New Year with their loved ones.
ASPIRE55 Gold Annual Plan
ASPIRE55 One Commonwealth
ASPIRE55 STERLING (51 Waterloo Street) S$1,800 S$3,000
If the member signs a commitment for 12 months membership over 2-payment schedule via credit card authorization, each payment amount would be 50% of the Annual fees. When you register for an annual membership, we will also waive the one-time administration fee of S$100.
Please take note that annual membership pricing are cheaper than per session booking rate or shorter period passes. Therefore, should you wish to cancel your membership mid-way, we would pro-rate your utilised session based on short term - 3 month fitness pass rate (i.e. $43.75 per session for Commonwealth and $58.33 per session for 51 Waterloo Street)
Both clubhouses offer the same concept providing health, social and care services to our members, supporting each other and creating the 2nd family for our members. There would also be the same strength training programme provided at these clubhouses. The key difference is that the trainer to member ratio:
Strength Training Workout Sessions:1. What if I go for holidays for long periods, can I suspend the account?
There will not be any suspension of account allowed; however for certain situations, it can be discussed with management for an exception. The annual membership works like a subscription to the services of retirement village. For individuals who travel frequently, we would recommend to purchase the fitness passes packages. For the pricing of these fitness passes, click here for more details.
Replacement workout session can be arranged, provided that there are available slots. Please discuss this with the Clubhouse Manager before your holiday or time away. Only a maximum of 3 workout session per week is allowed, to enable sufficient recovery time in between sessions.
However, for late cancellations (less than 24 hours notice) or absent from the workout session, no replacement session will be granted. The missed workout session will be counted as an utilised session.
Yes, members can opt to purchase 1-month, 3-months or 6-months fitness passes to have access to the workout sessions at a reduced price as compared to $70 per session for Silver Members. Members who purchase the fitness classes can have the flexibility to attend up to 3X a week workout sessions and can top up for more passes when required. For the pricing of these fitness passes, click here for more details.
We would like our staff and members to have some rest days too and enjoy the public holidays. Therefore, the Clubhouse would not be open on public holidays. We would also close the Clubhouse on the last 2 weeks of the year due to the festive season.
Yes, there would be a 10-15 minutes of warm up prior to the circuit training as part of the 60 minutes workout session. Do take note that the type or structure of the warm-up sessions would vary based on the trainer assigned for the workout session.
- After the orientation / pre-workout, the trainer will suggest which of the group class is suitable for the member(s)/ participant(s). Members/ participants can discuss and choose their time slots with our trainer / fitness facilitators.
- For Gold Memberships, we recommend for members to pre-book/ fix their preferred 2 time slots per week based on the level of training and availability of the time slots. Members can change their time slot by informing the trainer or Clubhouse Manager in advance.
Yes, you can change your pre-booked time slot by contacting our Clubhouse Manager / trainers or to inform them at least a week before, during one of your training sessions.
Each workout session has a maximum of 9 members per session to 1 trainer on-site to guide and oversee the workout session at One Commonwealth while it is a maximum of 6 members per session to 1 trainer at 51 Waterloo Street.